The National Service Scheme (NSS) was evolved and introduced by the Government of India in the year 1969. It aims at developing amongst students a sense of participation in nation building through Social Work. The College has presently two Govt. financed units of NSS with a sanctioned strength of 200 volunteers. Against this, a total of 350 students have enrolled as volunteers. The NSS units organized the following activities under the guidance and direction of Dr. Umesh Narta, Programme Officer, NSS Unit-I and Assistant Professor Sandhira Devi, Programme Officer, NSS Unit-II during the year 2022-23.
9. NSS volunteer Kamna Motiyan represented Himachal Pardesh as a sole speaker in the Parliament House during National Youth Parliament, a National level event organised by Ministry of youth affairs and sports Govt. of India (9-11 March 2022). She spoke on Patriotism and Nation Building.
10. Kamna Motiyan NSS volunteer represented Himachal Pardesh 2nd time as a sole speaker in the Parliament House during a National level event Floral Tribute to Indira Gandhi on 19th November 2022. The National Level even was organised jointly by Lok-Sabha and Ministry of youth affairs and sports Govt. of India.
11. Mamta Thakur NSS volunteer participated in Republic Day (National Camp 1st -31st January 2023 and was one of the four NSS volunteers from Himachal Pradesh who actually participated in the parade on Kartavyapath, New Delhi during the Republic Day Parade 2023.
12. 2 NSS volunteers Sajan Dukhta and Payal Sangrail participated in National Integration camp (NIC) held at Punjabi University, Patiala w.e.f. 16-22 February, 2023.
13. 2 NSS volunteers Nitika Mehta and Abhishek Jinta participated in National Integration camp NIC held at Bareilly U.P w.e.f. 24th Feburary to 2nd March 2023.
14. 2 NSS Volunteers Harvinder Singh Nad Kamna Attendeed 10 Days National Level Adventure Camp at Atal Bihari Mountaineering and Allied Sports, Narkanda w.e.f 5th December 2022.
15. Mamta Thakur NSS volunteer participated in Pre-Republic Day Parade camp at Lovely Professional University Jalandhar w.e.f. 25th November to 5th December 2023and was one of the NSS contingent from Himachal Pradesh.
16. 26 NSS volunteers undertook residential training on capacity Building on different aspects at Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development(RGNIYD), Chandigarh. 9. 3 NSS volunteers Shivani Mehta, Mamta Thakur, Abhishek Mehta attended State Megha Camp of Pre-RD selections at JLN Govt. College Haripur Manali w.e.f 15-10-2022 to 16-10-2022.
20. 2 volunteers participated in District Youth festival organised by NYKS Shimla. 21. One day rehabilitation camp was organised for fire victim of Lowerkoti village at the disaster site on 21st November 2022 about 50 volunteers participated in it and cleared the debris from the site helped the victim family to settle/arrange their material.
22. A fund of rupees Eighteen thousand (Rs. 18000) was collected for fire victim of Dalli Jangla who lost his house in a fire borne disaster. The amount was handed over to the victim through SDM Rohru
23. 22 NSS volunteers received training and conducted a survey for PRATHAM NGO to complete prestigious Annual Status of Education Report (ASER-2022), the largest citizen-led education survey in India on the status of education in India. Volunteers conducted survey in Rohru, Dodra Kawar, Jubbal and Kotkhai. NSS cell of the College also signed MOU with PRATHAM NGO for surveys and other education related activities to be conducted in future.
24. Management of the Single use plastic is one of the core activity of NSS of Govt. College Seema (Rohru). The campaign is undertaken throughout the year through action awareness activities the sigle use plastic was filled in the plastic bottles and used for diverse purposes like flower baskets and in building flag pedestal and wall along with concrete during the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav 15th August, 2022.
25. 20 NSS Volunteers completed 14 days residential Disaster Management Camp organised by Atal Bihari Mountaineering and Allied Sports, Narkanda w.e.f. 11-25 December 2022 and 31st January to 14th February 2023.
26. About 150 NSS volunteers were deputed on Election Duty by SDM Rohru and Election Commission during H. P. Vidhan Sabha Election on 12-11-2022.
27. 12 NSS.volunteers participated in cultural function cum cleanliness awareness camp at Masli on special invitation by Nav Yuvak Mandal Masli during Jagra Fair and bagged 2nd prize (Momento and cash prize of 3000).
28. A Seminar On “Developing Youth Leadership” was organised by NSS cell of the collge in a joint collaboration with Vishwa Yuvak Kendra, New Delhi andVed Mata Gayatri Devi Jan Kalyan Smiti, Chirgaon (20-03-2023). 374 students, volunteers staff members and Trainees and members of PRIs attended the seminar.
29. Other routine activities:
• Afforestation drive Cedar trees planted in the campus
• Several one day and half day campus cleanliness dives.
• Blood donation camp and need based donations on call by Civil Hospital Rohru.
• Single use plastic collection, segregation and locking drives in and outside the campus.
• Several days celebrated e.g. teachers Day, Gandhi Jayanti, NSS raising Day, International Yoga Day, Independence Day etc.